Carl or Karl Paubel took over the J. Funk & Co. firm in Suhl sometime between 1873 and 1882. The J. Funk and Co. firm was founded in 1854 by J. Funk and Robert Schmidt. In 1873 they had 80 employees and exported to Russia, England & America.
Carl Paubel was located at Pfarrstraße 3. Following is a price list from Axel Pantermühl’s vast archive and three pictures of a 10ga. set of barrels and receiver, the remnants of a once fine hammer gun. The address on the barrel (Porussia) is not a mis spelling. Porussia was an area relatively close to the Russian border and referances to it go back to the 16th Century and up to the late 19th Century.