Fritz Kiess was born on June 1, 1887 and became a Master Gun Maker in 1913. He opened his own shop at Schleusinger Strasse 36 in Suhl in 1919. From 1921 to 1923 he was in partnership with Leopold Stotz and Joseph Gößl (Goessl). The Company was still in business on April 28, 1945 when it was nationalized and given by the Soviets to the GDR together with Haenel, Greifelt, Gebr. Merkel and J. P. Sauer & Sohn to become the Ernst Thaelmann Werke. The Fritz Kiess & Co. was reffered to as a Waffen Fabrik or Weapons Factory in deferance to being a Buschsenmacher or Gun Maker. The identity of the engraver is at present unknown. If anyone has additional information that they could share, we would appreciate it. 

   The following Charles Daly Regent Grade over under has the Fritz Kiess trade mark on the receiver.

This is the Fritz Kiess & Co. Trade Mark